Asturlab is actively developing the services we provide for the community and expanding them as we are able to. Some services we provide now and others we want to be able to provide in the not-too-distant future.
Current Services Provided
- Extending a warm reception to ethnic Muslim immigrants to New Zealand.
- Offering special invitations to events, making house calls and facilitating introductions.
- Traditional floor seating, ethnocultural decor and the display of Muslim and Islamic artwork.
- Platforms for people to enjoy entertainment from both national and international, public speakers and musicians.
- Conducted throughout the year with a focus on ethnocultural Muslim events.
- Promotion and facilitation of public/private; indoor/outdoor; traditional/unique and ranging from small to large in scale.
Future Service Goals
- Facilitation and running of community-based, culturally-aware programmes that enable traditional methods of communication to be respectfully upheld and proper traditions observed.
- Ranging from campaigns to increase community vaccination numbers to programmes that offer educational assistance with integration into New Zealand society.
- Programmes that promote multiculturalism and offer insight into the diversity and beauty of cultures and ethnicities that exist around the Muslim world.
- Cafe-style atmosphere selling ethnic teas, coffees and light food along with ethnic cultural, background music.
- Space for the buying and selling of ethnic Muslim arts, crafts, jewellery, clothing and dry goods.
- A small library and bookshop stocking Muslim and Islamic literature with a focus on sourcing English and Maori translations.